Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sloppy this.....Sloppy Joe's

Sloppy this


Sloppy Joe's


Sloppy this




Sloppy Joe's


Sloppy this


Sloppy Joe's



Sloppy Joe's(My version)

1 pound ground chicken(or ground turkey)
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
6 jarred pickled jalapenos slices, chopped
1 red pepper, diced
1 can red kidney beans rinsed and drained(I use low sodium)
1 15 oz can good tomato sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1 Tb red or white wine vinegar
1 1/2 Tb molasses
1 Tb Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dry mustard powder
salt & pepper to taste
8 whole-wheat buns
grated cheddar cheese

Directions

Brown meat and onion in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with a little olive oil. Cook for 5 minutes, breaking up the meat into crumbles as it cooks. Add the garlic, jalapenos, and red pepper. Cook 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Stir in the rest of the ingredients, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes more. Place a half-cup scoop of the mixture onto each bun, top with cheese and serve.

Sloppy this






2 comments:

  1. I love how you added beans to this! And also how you used ground chicken. I usually use ground turkey, but I'll have to try chicken next time for something new. Cute photos too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is delicious! I can't wait to make it for my special Halloween event coming up with all of my favorite people!

    ReplyDelete