Friday, March 18, 2011

Recipe

After some careful thought and consideration I have decided to change things up a bit over here at the L.G.E.W (life given, eat well) website. For instance......


*When I refer to my blog name, it will be L.G.E.W. Why? Because I want to.


*When I post a recipe, it will be titled "recipe". Why? So you know what to expect. 


*When I share my views, thoughts, and concerns, it will be titled "deep in thought". Why? To warn you that what I share may be a Hodge-Podge of personal feelings.


*Last but not least, when I post my random living with the l.g.e.w folks my titles might be somewhat wacky. They might be just for the halibut


My hope is to eliminate any unnecessary wait one might go through when entering one of my posts. However, I still want to keep things unexpected and fresh.


So, can anyone guess what this post is about?


Anyone?


If you looked at the top of the page and noticed the title, you can see that a recipe awaits you. Shocker, I know.




Do I have your attention?






This recipe was inspired by my craving for enchiladas. 


And the can of black beans sitting in my cupboard.










Let's skip the process.


Here's the recipe.




Black bean and sweet corn enchiladas 
with chive and onion cream cheese


Ingredients
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups frozen sweet whole kernel corn, thawed
1 cup red onion, chopped
1/4 cup chive and onion cream cheese
3/4 cup cheddar cheese
3/4 cup pepper jack cheese
1 small can diced green chilies
1 10 oz can mild enchilada sauce 
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp chili powder
13 yellow corn tortillas
olive oil
Salt to taste


Directions


Heat oven to 350


In a large nonstick skillet on medium heat add two tablespoons olive oil. Saute chopped onion with a sprinkle of salt for 5 minutes.  Add cumin, coriander, and chili powder. Toast for 1 minute. Add black beans and corn; saute for 5 minutes. Mix in the cream cheese and green chilies until creamy and heated through. Put mixture in a medium size bowl and fold in cheddar and jack cheese.


Meanwhile, place tortillas in a damp paper towel and heat in microwave for 30 seconds. 


In a 9 by 13 baking dish cover the bottom with about a quarter of the enchilada sauce. Start assembling the enchiladas by placing  2-3 tablespoons of mixture in each tortilla. Fold and lay seem side down in prepared baking dish. Pour the rest of the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions and serve with your favorite toppings. 










Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Thus looks soooooo delicious! Got to make this today for lunch..after shopping that is:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have thought this was a combination of both "deep in thought" and "recipe". I got a big fat fail on that one! Those enchiladas look amazing! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good and makes me want to run to the store right now to buy all the fixing's!
    Delish:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ang - you crack me up!! Love reading your post and you can call your blog whatever you like - I'm all for it!! :)
    I have not had enchiladas in the longest time!! this has inspired me to make some again - yummmyy!! (did I use enough exclamation points??)
    Brandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ang, thank you so much for dropping by my blog and leaving such a sweet and kind comment about my blog and the papaya rice.
    I don't think I have ever had an enchiladas looking so gorgeous!The photos have tempted me tremendously!
    I wish you and yours a wonderful weekend!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enchilada's are a favorite at our house, and this recipe looks like a great one to add to the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your enchiladas look great. The black beans with corn and cream cheese sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well now I am craving enchiladas!! Love the look of the cheese on top...melty cheese has always been my weakness....wonderful job on the enchiladas....send some over!

    ReplyDelete