Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Recipe ~Oh my goodness gracious......

were the only words that came out of my mouth during the first five minutes of dinner. 


I'm going to skip the logistics on why I haven't posted in a couple weeks. Or maybe it's been more like four months. Two weeks, four months, same thing. No need to catch you up. I know all you care about is my amazing recipes anyway. I'm really very humbled.


Don't ask about my absence. 


Just picture this mouth watering pasta at your dinner table.


I should have been Italian. 


This tomato base sauce was by far the best sauce I have ever made. It was rich, creamy, spicy, fresh and just plain AMAZING!


You can surely add meat or shrimp to this dish but I liked it just the way it was.





Creamy Linguine Ala Spicy


Ingredients


3/4 lb Linguine Pasta
1 cup fine, chopped sweet onion
1 garlic clove, minced
2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (or to your own spicy level)
2/3 cup tomato sauce
2 Tb cream cheese
1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped and divided in half
4 Tb extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper


Directions


Cook pasta according to directions on back of box.(reserve 1 cup of cooking water) Meanwhile heat large skillet over medium heat with olive oil and saute onions until softened; about 3 minutes. Add minced garlic and saute 1 minute. Add fresh tomatoes, dried oregano, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste; cook 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce and cook down for 5 minutes. Add cream cheese and 1/2 of the parsley. You want the sauce to be pretty thick. Turn heat down to low and melt cream cheese. 


Transfer the pasta directly from the water to the sauce and toss well. Add the rest of the fresh parsley and a little of the pasta water to thin out sauce just a bit. Toss and serve immediately. 




I had to pry myself away from eating straight out of the skillet and sit at the dinner table with the rest of the family. It was that good!



Blessings! 

8 comments:

  1. Looks like I really missed out tonight! Even if you have been absent, you haven't forgotten how to cook! Yum! Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel a little rusty in the culinary department. Thanks mom...

      Delete
  2. I am glad to see you posting..have been missing reading your posts late at night :)) I hope you are doing well and everything is saddled now!
    Ok your pasta look incredibly tasty..I love your photos! Thumps up!Have a great day love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Sandra I have missed seeing your beautiful picture. Blogging is very rare for me these days but when I do, I really enjoy it:)

      Delete
  3. I just came across an old comment from you and wanted to say hello. I hope you're doing well, my friend! You've been missed~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizzy! How are you!! My life in the last year has taken many good turns. I miss blogging! Thanks for stopping by...

      Delete
  4. Mmm...that pasta looks so perfect!

    ReplyDelete